IntroductionThis is the privacy notice for Aero Leather Clothing Ltd. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Aero Leather Clothing Ltd.
Aero Leather Clothing (hereinafter “ALC”), a company based in Galashiels, Scotland, UK company number SC126791 (registered in Scotland).
Our registered office is located at the following address:
Aero Leather Clothing
Greenbank Woollen Mill
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
If there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, you must leave our website immediately.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party any information collected through our website.
1. Information Requests and your RightsAs a user of the ALC’s website, you have a number of rights, including:
Right of access – The right to access the personal information we hold on you
Right to rectification – The right to correct any inaccurate personal data, or complete any incomplete information
Right to erasure – The right to have your personal data erased (may not apply in certain circumstances)
Right to object – The right to object to how we are using your personal information (may not apply in certain circumstances)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to respond to all such requests within 30 days of receipt.
2. Information We CollectIf you place an order or otherwise contact us via this website, we will collect the following information:
You will only be required to submit this information if you place an order or use one of our online contact forms.
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Delivery address (when placing an order)
- Billing address (when placing an order)
- Information about purchase/payment but we do not store card details (when placing an order)
- Your measurements (when placing an order)
- Company name (optional)
- Any other information you voluntarily submit via the special instructions box (when placing an order)
We also hold information on your account regarding your order history through our website and notes of interest on products you have made on your account (e.g. the ‘email me when back in stock’ or ‘add to wishlist’ tools).
In addition to the above, we use Google Analytics to monitor our website traffic and user engagement. This tool only collects aggregated data, and does not record personal information about individual users. Nevertheless, you can opt out of our Google Analytics data using this browser add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3. Information relating to your method of paymentWe do not store information about your debit or credit card, or any other means of payment you provide. Any credit or debit card details given to us when making card orders via telephone are entered directly into our secure payment gateway and are not stored by us.
4. How We Use Your InformationPersonal information submitted via one of our online enquiry forms will only be used to respond to your enquiry.
Personal information submitted when placing an order will be used to process and deliver your order.
Personal information submitted when ordering a free sample will be used to fulfil your sample request. Additionally, we may contact you once you have received your sample to ask if you require any further products or services from us.
The anonymous information we collect using Google Analytics is used to measure and improve the performance of our website.
If you give us permission to do so, we may add your email address to the ALC mailing list – see point 5 for further details.
All personal information is held securely. We do not rent, sell, or transmit personal information to other organisations, except in the following cases:
If you place an order with ALC, we will share your name, address and telephone number(s) with our chosen courier.
If we believe that a crime has been committed, we reserve the right to share relevant personal information with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies – see point 7.
5. Mailing ListWhen you register an account on this website, you will have the option to join the ALC mailing list. Mailing list subscribers occasionally receive email newsletters containing product information, special offers, and other news from ALC.
ALC will always make best efforts to send you information that is relevant to you, and without being over frequent – on average we contact our customers no more than four times a year.
Once subscribed, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time – simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ button in any of the promotional emails we’ve sent you, or email email@example.com to request removal.
6. Links to Other WebsitesOur website may contain links to other sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites, and we accept no responsibility for any personal information you submit on websites other than www.aeroleatherclothing.com
7. Information SecurityWe employ the services of a GeoTrust SSL certificate to keep information submitted via this website secure:
8. FraudWe take Internet fraud very seriously, and if we have reason to believe that a crime is being committed or that our website has been abused in any way, we reserve the right to share any relevant information with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies (including banks).
Aero Leather Clothing
Greenbank Woollen Mill